Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sunday, March 7, 2020

The last 2 days have felt springlike, warming all the way up to 59 degrees today.  On my walk with Frisco, I saw a small group of flowers popping out of the ground - exciting!

Dealing with Frisco has been a challenge this week. I took him to see the vet on Monday and she checked his prostate and bladder and ran a urine test. Everything checked out, so I kind of feel that it is a behavioral thing and also the fact that he keeps going back to pee in the same place. I have cleaned and cleaned the carpet to get the odor out.  I also decided that it was time to retrain him, so I bought a crate off Marketplace, set it up and put his cushion and blanket in it and he went right in and laid down. So for 2 days while I was at work, I put the crate in the bathroom and left the door open, out pee pads in the shower, and closed him up for the day. When I got home, he showed no anxiety and managed to hold his pee all day.

At night, I put him in the crate right next to my bed and he slept all through the night. He has also been locked in the crate when I leave the apartment for any reason. He is fine with it and appears much less anxious over the last few days. So that’s our new regimen.

I worked a lot of hours this week when one of my coworkers was ill and my boss asked me to help out, so a full 9 hours more than usual. I was so exhausted on Friday night that I had a hot toddie and went to bed at 8:30 and slept right through to 7am.

Jill and Norah went to Iowa to visit her grandmother this weekend and Ben, Charlotte, and Camille came over for dinner on Saturday. We walked to a playground about 4 blocks away so the kids could get some outside playtime in. And then we made Olive Garden Minestrone soup for dinner - a recipe that I have been wanting to try and it turned out great.

Charlotte spent the night. We were going to have breakfast at the Neighborhood Cafe but there was a long line of folks waiting to get in, so went to the Rose Street Patisserie instead and had a croissant and a hot chocolate and a coffee. She had a birthday party at 1:00, so I dropped her off and then Ben picked her up.