I fiddled and fiddled with the hardware and it seemed that the bolts were stripped - I couldn't get them to screw together. So I went back to Ikea and bought all new hardware. Back at home, I figured out that my problem was that the right and left sides turned in opposite directions, so I could use the "used" ones after all. This means another trip to Ikea, but not today! I don't want to screw holes into the walls (there might be electric running through or weak areas), so 3M Command strips is how I want to mount them. It didn't work - they kept pulling away from the wall. That idea is down the drain and by now it is starting to get dark and I haven't accomplished a thing.
On Saturday morning, I had to attend a Defensive Driving Class so the speeding ticket I got back in January gets erased from my record - no points, no insurance increase. The instructor was good - he kept my attention and gave some very good examples. Now that is behind me and I can get on with my project.
On the way home, I stopped at Walmart - maybe they will have some cafe curtain rods that will work. NOT! OK, so I looked online at Camping World, found something that would work, called them to see if they had the item in stock, learned that they did, so I headed over there to pick it up. They only had 1 of the 6 that they said was available. Grrrrrr! I hooked up the trailer when I got back home and parked it back in the storage lot and will attempt this project again some day.
This morning, Pat & Rog, Connie and I and the dogs all went to the Gilbert Riparian Preserve for a nice walk. It was a beautiful morning. An Osprey and some small rodent were the only critters that we say, other than lots of ducks, geese, and Egrets. It was an enjoyable time.
I stayed home the rest of the day and got my house cleaned up a bit, did some laundry, relaxed and read and got to see the grandkids on Facetime. They were fussy and crying, so that didn't last too long.