Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 23 - 28, 2014, AZ

Thursday, February 26.  It was an ordinary, hectic, week at work that included some customer service training on Wednesday morning that was a good refresher.  Sometimes, we get so busy that we forget to even have eye contact with our customers and it always helps when you engage them and acknowledge that they may have had a long day of driving and are just ready to settle in.  We were so busy on Wednesday afternoon that I didn't even take a potty break.  Not only that, I had unfinished business at the end of the day and had to go back for a couple of hours this morning.  Whew!  I'm glad that week is behind me.

All week long, I have been getting updates on Patty's son, AJ's progress on his trip here to surprise his Mom.  He pulled it off in a big way this afternoon when I met Pat and Rog at Garcia's.  She and I were sitting at the table when his 2 dogs came up to her and AJ was just outside the patio. I tried to get a picture of her crying with excitement but it all happened way too fast.  She didn't have a clue, in fact, she was getting upset that he told her that he wasn't going to be able to make it this winter.  All is good.  She is one happy Mom right now.

I had to leave Garcia's in time for Lois, Dennis, Cathy, and Dave to pick me up and we went to Organ Stop Pizza for dinner. That place is always entertaining and we timed it just right, got a table right up front.  They are heading back to the Midwest on Saturday, have really enjoyed the weather and the outdoor activities that they have been able to do while they were here.

Friday, February 27.  Today's big activity was happy hour at Val Vista Village.  AJ thought it was so funny when I told him that I didn't have anything going on until happy hour.  What a life we live.  We had a group of 11 friends from WI and MN gathered around for some good conversation, music and, of course, cocktails.  As always, it was a good time.

Saturday, February 28.  I had a haircut appointment at noon today - kind of messes up the whole day, so I made sure to schedule my next appointment ahead of time.  I was off to the clock shop this morning because I couldn't figure out how to access the battery on Mike's wall clock.  I even had Pat look at it on Facetime this morning and we couldn't figure it out.  It has to just slide off, right?  The clock expert wasn't in his shop when I got there, so I decided to go have coffee with Nan and Dale and welcome Nan's Mom, Karen, back to AZ.  I just missed Monica because she got there shortly after I left for my haircut appointment.  It's too bad, because she announced that she is engaged to Loren - he proposed to her last night!  I hope she doesn't mind me posting this photo (probably not because it was on Facebook).

After my haircut appointment, I went back to the clock shop and learned how it works.  I wrote the instructions on a sticker and put it on the back of the clock for the next time.  I'm sure I won't remember.  

Another month just flew past.  Still no bites on the house and it's listed on MHVillage and Craig's list.  Patience, Rose, patience.