Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22 - 28, 2017, MN

Monday, May 22. It sure is nice to wake up to a sunny day and the nice breeze out there will help to dry things out again.

It took me several hours today to take care of the necessary changes to my car and rv insurance, household contents insurance, cancelling the previous coverage and then setting up online access to all of these policies.  I am feeling relieved that this project is now behind me and the cost difference in very insignificant.

By the time I got all of this done, it was time for another nice walk with Frisco.  I did some cleanup of my entryway and thought I might plant a few annuals that I got last week but the ground and soil in pots is still way too wet.  I had a nice chat with the neighbor next door, Sally.

Wednesday, May 24.  I planted some marigolds and zinnias in pots around my porch this afternoon and helped Elizabeth with some cleanup in the back yard.  She had a nice variety of perennials but the weeds are taking over and I'm a bit compulsive about that, so I've been tackling the weeds and I don't even mind it.  I sure can't spend hours gardening like I did 20 years ago.

Ben asked if I could pick up Norah and Camille from school today, as Jill had a work commitment.  No problem, they are happy to see me and we had fun making beaded jewelry and playing salesperson.  An hour with no conflicts makes for a great time hanging out with them. Jill made cauliflower cheese soup for dinner and it was yummy.

Sunday, May 28.  Reconstructing the happenings of the last four days is feeling a bit challenging right now.  I know that my days were filled and some of it was meaningful so I'm really thing to come up with something  to put down in writing.

Ahh, here we go.  The most meaningful event of the week was that I was invited to go to Charlotte's performance at school on Thursday. She has been singing her songs and talking with excitement about the Magic Show that they were doing, not revealing a lot of information because it was going to be a surprise for the parents and grandparents.  She was wearing her fancy dress, looking so cute with her hair in braids and was one of three who did the introductions and she played the violin in three numbers.  The finale was the best, they sang "Hey, Lolly, Lolly" and introduced each of the students with a cute poem about them.  She is growing up and will be on to kindergarten in public school next fall.

After that, I had an appointment at Costco to get my tires rotated and have the air pressure warning light on the dash reset.  It has been on since I got to the higher elevations of New Mexico on my trip to MN, a month ago.  It turns out that the tire with the low pressure was the spare tire.

Today, the whole family worked on Ben and Jill's front landscaping and finally got the plants that were bought on Mother's Day in the ground.  It was a major project, removing some of the old plants and moving them to places where they would look better and perform better and amending the soil and planting new stuff.  Mostly, my job was playing and keeping the kids entertained.  My plan was to take them to a playground, but Norah and Camille were cranky and doing the pushing, shoving thing so I really didn't feel like I could manage them.  They got past that and had fun just riding their trikes back and forth on the sidewalk.  The project turned out nice.